Wednesday, June 28, 2017

That One Simple Word

Just say No...


Do people consider you a nice person? Someone whom they can rely on and go to whenever times are tough? Does Sally come to you often about her problems and always asking you for a favor? What do you usually say? "Oh sure Sally, I can give you a cup of sugar" or "Yes Sally, I would be glad to host that online party for you." People tend to take advantage of you because you just can't say no. Knowingly or not, it's happening and it can really cause some major stress in your daily life.

Don't you ever get sick of saying YES all of the time? I sure do! Not because I don't want to help people. I love helping people. That is what I do! Sometimes, I have to just say NO. No, I have some pretty important things to take care of right now. This has been on my mind lately and I thought, what the heck? Maybe some people will relate to it. 

So, I am going to attempt to give you my reason's to say NO, all while not feeling bad about.


I just don't want to! 

It is totally okay not to want to do something. If you have no interest in an outing with a friend (you may be a homebody like me) or possibly no interest in a certain product someone wants you to try/buy. You cannot be honest if there is no interest there right? This can go so many ways but I am sure you get what I am saying.

I have enough on my plate.

Do you have a lot going on in your family? I know having my five kids is quite a lot most days. That includes my adorable teething six month old bundle. Half the time my hair doesn't get brushed. I could go on but that'll have to wait for another post! 

The point is, say NO, I just have too much going on right now. It is okay! If they take offense, then guess what? You don't need that. One less person to please. Good riddance! So, don't take on more than you need to. Family and your happiness comes first!

It really isn't the end of the world either. Most people will understand and not take any negativity from it. Just be kind and be honest. In the end you'll feel better for it.



I asked a few friends on Facebook about what they would say. Here are a few responses that may work for you:


"I'm sorry. I currently spend most of my time schooling my children and running my business. That's where I have to focus my precious time right now."

"NO, thank you. I'm focusing on something else right now. So I'm afraid that I won't be able to spend the right amount of attention on what you're asking me to do. Please ask me again another time or I will come to you when my schedule isn't so busy."

Do you use this one? I know I have!

" I always say I have to ask my husband then tell them he said no."

"I would say no if it was something which went against my beliefs. If I didn't feel comfortable in a situation."

Do you have a nice response to add? Comment below and share!