Friday, May 29, 2015

Jean Purses



Hey hey! I wanted to share with you a little fun project the kids and I did a couple weeks ago. I have been going through clothes the kids have grown out of or that just aren't good anymore. It gave me the idea to make purses for my kids! When I was young I remember many girls carrying jean purses and even bookbags around. I thought that since I can't sew :( I'd never have one. I've always thought they were adorable.

So let's bring the jean purse back y'all! Lol I found a few pair of holey jeans and some that were just too small for my girls. I went to the all powerful and knowing YouTube and looked it up. There are many different ways to make a jean purse. I found a great video on how to make one with hot glue! This lady did a great job showing you how to do it. Very simple. I got out my hot glue gun and made a handful of bags/purses for them. You can really get into it by adding your own decorations too!

I had to do this mostly alone because the glue can really burn you! I have admittedly burnt myself a couple times. So if you do this I'd recommend just letting your kids cut the denim and pick out the frills. I had a lot of fun doing this and the kids had me busy for hours! Haha! Let me know what you guys and gals think. Scroll to the bottom for the videos. See you next time.