Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Goody Jar Craft.

Goody Jar Craft







It sure has been rainy here in Georgia the last couple days. Cloudy and boring for my rugrats. We got a little school done and caught up on cleaning. Which never lasts! I'm always running in circles until I just give in to, "Mommy come play whiff me!" It really isn't hard to do ;)

Well, we are all feeling burnt out on school and the sameness around here. My 5 year old came up to me and started to get this scrunchy...pre-whiney I'm bored face. So before I let her get it all out in an outburst of "I'm bored!", I said, "hey!, let's go make a craft!" Boy was she all tons of excited. To get to the point here, I searched what craft things I had left. It's getting to be slim pickings around here. I have a lot of ribbon, cloth pieces, googley eyes, some acrylic paint and glue sticks. I remembered saving some glass jars from spaghetti sauce. It wasn't hard to come up with the idea to make Goody Jars.

I wanted them to get creative and decorate them. So they decided on making faces by adding the eyes, making hair and painting them. For not being prepared for this, they had a lot of fun. My kids love to paint and personalize their crafts. I save a lot of jars and try to recycle some things because you never know when it might come in handy.

These jars can be used for storing rubber bands, beads, small craft items and more. Here's what we used:

-Spaghetti type jar

-Acrylic paint and brushes

-Hot glue gun
-Cloth scraps and ribbon
-Googley eyes
-Sharpey (optional)


While my darlings painted their jars, I hot glued their chosen "hair scraps". I have to admit that I had a little fun also. It is always nice to spend time with them doing what we love together. So once the paint dried I glued on the eyes and put the lids on the jars. I think they turned out adorable! They already have little trinkets inside their goody jars and for now they are busy. I hope you all liked this little activity. If you decide to try please let me know. I'd love to hear about it. Thanks for coming by and until next time...