Friday, May 8, 2015

Mommy Of 4..now 5!






First I want to warn you that I am really new at blogging. It has taken me like a week to write my introduction and 2 days to post it. And do not get me started on the title! ugh! I like to be different and creative. That is hard these days because so many people are blogging and writing in the world of the internet. I am usually in the Facebook world sharing and posting my cuties. This is very new to me and I am nervous and excited to introduce myself to more strangers :b


So here goes. I usually introduce myself with, "Hi, my name is Alyne. I am a mommy of 4..." As soon as I say that I ask myself if that is all I truly am. Am I really just a mommy now? Later it will be just mom but I am sure that I will miss it when they grow up. Oh crap, when they grow up!? Who will I be when they are grown? But no I am not just a mommy. I have interests and I have dreams.



Hopefully one day, sooner than later I might add, I will find myself again. For now, I will help my children search and discover who they are. Usually, being a mom is quite enough. There are just those days when I reminisce the freedoms that motherhood does not allow me to have. I am not even sure what those freedoms were anymore. Oh, wait! Listening to inappropriate music or taking a shower in peace. Those are just a couple that I once had. It is okay though, because those aren't very important anymore. 



Back to introducing myself. My name is Alyne. I am a rock star mommy of 4 wonderful, funny and intelligent children. I have been married to my love for 10 years, which feel like 20...haha. We have been through the good, the bad and everywhere in between. I wouldn't trade him for concert tickets and beer! Well because I don't like beer :) We live in the Peach state. Beautiful North Georgia in all its greenery, rainery (trying to rhyme here) and humidity.



Georgia has been home to me for 15 years now. We live in a small town that has grown so much since I was 13. I am grateful for my mother moving us here. My husband, (yes I will most likely mention him a lot :) was born and raised here, as well as our four children. I was born in Southern California. No I did not surf, never learned. I was always brown as a grizzly bear though. I think that is one thing I miss. Now I am miss pasty -_-



Anyway, I am wandering here. The most important thing to me right now is my children's education. Yes, we homeschool! Very proud of this because two years ago when I made this huge decision I was utterly nervous! It has been so fun, frustrating and a pure surprise. I have re-learned things and so have they. We have cried, screamed and laughed but it has been so worth it. 



I will be sharing and talking to you about my life, family and my interests. Hopefully each post will be better than the last and a little laughter wouldn't hurt. If you have any suggestions, advice, ideas or questions you'd like to share please leave a comment. Have a great weekend <3